Terms and Conditions of using the Farley App
Charley Farley Sunday Four Limited provides these services to you and others for free. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
1. Who can use the Farley App
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For this reason, you must:
- use the same name that you use in everyday life;
- provide accurate information about yourself;
- create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes; and
- not share your password, give access to your Farley App account to others or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make Farley App broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use Farley App if:
- You are under 13 years old.
- You are a convicted sex offender.
- We've previously disabled your account for breaches of our Terms or Policies.
- You are prohibited from receiving our products, services or software under applicable laws.
2. What you can share and do on Farley App
We want people to use the Farley App to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
- You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
- That breaches these Terms, our Community Standards and other terms and policies that apply to your use of Farley App.
- That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
- That infringes or breaches someone else's rights, including their intellectual property rights.
- You may not upload viruses or malicious code, or do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
- You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data that you do not have permission to access.
We can remove or block content that is in breach of these provisions.
If we remove content that you have shared for breach of our Community Standards, we'll let you know and explain any options that you have to request another review, unless you seriously or repeatedly breach these Terms or if doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Products; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe breaches your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies.
We also can remove or restrict access to your content, services or information if we determine that doing so is reasonably necessary to avoid or mitigate adverse legal or regulatory impacts to Farley App.
3. The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
Permission to use content that you create and share: Some content that you share or upload, such as photos or videos, may be protected by intellectual property laws.
You own the intellectual property rights (things such as copyright or trademarks) in any such content that you create and share on Farley App. Nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want.
However, to provide our services, we need you to give us some legal permissions (known as a ‘licence') to use this content. This is solely for the purposes of providing and improving our Products and services as described in Section 1 above.
Specifically, when you share, post or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free and worldwide licence to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo on Farley App, you give us permission to store, copy and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other Farley App Products you use.This licence will end when your content is deleted from our systems.
You can delete content individually or all at once by deleting your account. Learn more about how to delete your account. You can download a copy of your data at any time before deleting your account.
When you delete content, it's no longer visible to other users; however, it may continue to exist elsewhere on our systems where:
- Immediate deletion is not possible due to technical limitations (in which case, your content will be deleted within a maximum of 90 days from when you delete it);
- your content has been used by others in accordance with this licence and they have not deleted it (in which case, this licence will continue to apply until that content is deleted); or
- Where immediate deletion would restrict our ability to:
- investigate or identify illegal activity or breaches of our Terms and Policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our Products or systems);
- comply with a legal obligation, such as the preservation of evidence; or
- comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency;
in which case, the content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis).
In each of the above cases, this licence will continue until the content has been fully deleted.
Permission to use your name, profile picture and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions that you have taken on Farley App next to or in connection with ads, offers and other sponsored content that we display across our Products, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show your friends that you are interested in an advertised event or have liked a Page created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on Farley App. Ads like this can be seen only by people who have your permission to see the actions that you've taken on Farley App. You can learn more about your ad settings and preferences.
Permission to update software that you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install updates to the software where available.